David and Shirley offer a warm welcome to Wainwright House, an historic property offering good quality bed and breakfast accommodation in Kendal.
Wainwright House is a tranquil; Grade 2 listed Georgian home on the edge of Kendal, where Alfred Wainwright stayed. With three en suite rooms, a spacious guest lounge, and its own free parking, it is the place for your visit to the Lakes.
Visitors to Kendal and the Lake District will enjoy our secluded yet convenient location just 10 minutes walk from Kendal Station and 20 minutes from the town centre and will appreciate the history of the house, and its close links with Alfred Wainwright, the famous Lake District fell walker, author and illustrator.
Stay at Wainwright House and enjoy ...
A beautiful secluded location with undulating fell views
Easy access to Kendal station and town centre
Ample free parking in our own large car park
Modern en suite accommodation, comfortably furnished
Freesat TV in every room
A choice of our full English breakfast, made from locally sourced ingredients, or continental breakfast
Large comfortable guest lounge
Walkers, cyclists and kayakers always welcome
Secure storage space for bicycles and kayaks
Free wireless internet access
A large peaceful garden
We always aim to trade as ethically and in as environmental a manner as possible. For full details see the ethical and environmental trading page on our website.
PLEASE CALL TO BOOK as we have problems with accessing the internet at the moment.
Children welcome from any age.
Porirua, 5381, New Zealand, New Zealand
07 July 2013
The hosts were charming and went out of thir way to be hospitable
And helpful. We enjoyed staying there and they made us feel right at home. Thebeds were very comfortable.
SD 526936 54.33575 -2.73047
Go into Kendal from the M6, jct 36; A591 and A6. Follow the signs to Shap (A6) until you pass under the railway bridge by Kendal station. After 100 yds, take the right fork onto the A685 - signposted Tebay and Appleby. After a further 400yds take a right turn into Fowl Ing Lane (immediately after the car dealers) and proceed straight until the road turns sharp left. In front of you, between two stone pillars, is the entrance to Wainwright House. Proceed up the tree lined drive and after 150 yds park in front of your destination, Wainwright House.
- Children welcome
- Satellite TV
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Lounge for residents' use
- Ironing facilities
- Private parking
- Totally non-smoking
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Building of historical interest
- Central heating
- Electric shaver points
- Television available
- WiFi or internet access
- DVD player
- Euros accepted
- High chairs available
- Cots available
Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Entrance to reception
- One or more bedrooms
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Bath with shower
- Steps to the main entrance
- 3Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Menus available in large print (14pt and over)
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Low potassium
- Low sodium
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities
- Staff have had disability awareness training