Gwrach Ynys is an Edwardian country house set in open countryside, two miles to the north of the historic town of Harlech, in an area of outstanding natural beauty, within the Snowdonia National Park. It is situated in a splendid location, nestled between the Rhinog mountains and the sandy beaches of the Cardigan Bay. The house is surrounded by over an acre of lawned gardes with mature trees, from where guests can enjoy panoramic views from the summit of mount Snowdon to the north to Harlech Castle to the south.
A warm Welsh welcome at Gwrach Ynys is assured by Deborah who have had the pleasure of welcoming guests from all over the globe into their home for the last 30 years.
• 6 well appointed en-suite bedrooms
• Free WiFi connection
• Children welcome with special room rates
• Large lawned garden with ample parking.
• Excellent base for exploring Snowdonia National Park and North Wales.
• Wonderful walking area with access to footpath from garden.
• Easy to find 2 miles north of Harlech
• Croeso cynnes Cymreig i bawb
Children welcome from any age.
- Children welcome
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Packed lunches provided
- Special diets available
- Lounge for residents' use
- Ironing facilities
- Private parking
- Totally non-smoking
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Central heating
- Electric shaver points
- Television available
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Vegetarian diet available
- WiFi or internet access
- High chairs available
- Staff fluent in Welsh
Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Has steps and no ramp
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Entrance to reception
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Clear surfaces such as glass doors have contrast markings
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Bath with shower
- Separate shower unit with support handrails available
- Bath with support handrails available
The house is set in open countryside, two miles north of Harlech on the A496. It is surrounded by lawned gardens, which are fairly level. Car parking is to the side of the house on level tarmac. The furthest you would have to walk is 30 metres ( 33 yards ), and there is a space to the front which is 5 metres ( 6 yards ) from the front door. There are two steps leading to the front door. The first is 100mm ( 4 inches ) onto the veranda and the second, into the house, is 180mm (7 inches ) high. Once inside, the ground floor is level, and we have the dining room and guest lounges. There are no toilets or bedrooms on the ground floor. All our bedrooms are on the first floor. The staircase is 900mm ( 35 inches ) wide with a solid banister. There are 12 steps of 180mm ( 7 inches ) to reach a small landing. Three further steps of 180mm ( 7 inches ) lead to the back bedrooms or four further steps of 180mm ( 7 inches ) lead to the front rooms. 6 of our bedrooms are en – suite, one with a bath, and the other five with showers. All the showers have enclosures. The stairs and landings are well lit. All our bedrooms have cordless kettles, and remote control televisions. A bus service passes the house every hour, during the day, and buses will stop by request. The closest train station is at Harlech, two miles away. Mobile phone coverage on Vodaphone / Cellnet / and Orange is good in the house and immediate vicinity, but there are many spots in the surrounding area where reception cannot be guaranteed.
- Steps to the main entrance
- 2Number of steps to entrance
- Handrail by steps
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities
- Staff have had disability awareness training