Search availability for The Kensington and book online
The Kensington in Great Yarmouth extends a very warm welcome to the family run Kensington where we pride ourselves on going the extra mile for our guests.
Set in a beautiful seafront location, we cater for both business and holiday visitors. Wake up each morning to a delicious four course Norfolk breakfast, or dine in our restaurant in the evening, special dietary requirements are happily catered for.
All bedrooms are en suite with fast WiFi, digital flat screen T.V.'s, thermostatically controlled heating and hospitality tray, premier rooms also have stunning sea views.
Children welcome from any age.
Essex, United Kingdom
30 June 2016
Overall stay was good but just let down by hearing everything the person was doing in the next room, even hearing them burp! And even though the headboard on the bed was screwed to the wall it still banged against it even if you rolled over in your sleep.
Breakfast was very good and staff friendly.
TG 531084 52.61517 1.73757
The region is easily accessible by road from all parts of the UK. Major trunk roads into Norfolk are the M11, A11, A12 and the A14 from London and the South-east., while the A47 and A14 serve the Midlands and the North. On arrival in Great Yarmouth follow signs to the seafront. At the roundabout, turn left. Drive along North Drive for about 600 yards until you get to The Kensington on the left.
By Public Transport:
A number of bus operators provide services to the local area including National Express and First Bus.
There is a regular local service from Norwich to Great Yarmouth. with connecting trains from Norwich to London, Liverpool Street. Peterborough, Cambridge and Ely.
A 5 minute taxi ride will bring you to The Kensington.
- Children welcome
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Licenced (table or bar)
- Packed lunches provided
- Special diets available
- Lounge for residents' use
- Passenger lift
- Ironing facilities
- Conference facilities
- Christmas special programme
- Baby listening service
- Regular entertainment
- Private parking
- Totally non-smoking
- Senior citizens reduced rates
- Disabled facilities
- Electric shaver points
- Television available
- Restaurant open to non-residents
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- Vegetarian diet available
- WiFi or internet access
- DVD player
- Coach parties welcomed
- Single sex groups NOT accepted
- Evening meals
- High chairs available
- Cots available
Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Has a ramp
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Entrance to reception
- One or more bedrooms
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Lift equipped with verbal floor announcements
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Bath with shower
- Separate shower unit with support handrails available
- Separate shower unit with fixed shower seat or shower chair available
We are suitable for guests with limited mobility but not totally confined to a wheelchair.
- Steps to the main entrance
- 2Number of steps to entrance
- Ramp to entrance
- Handrail by ramp
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Menus available in large print (14pt and over)
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Nut free
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities
- Staff have had disability awareness training