Search availability for Dunmail House and book online
Our reputation is one of high standards and personal attention to detail in a warm and friendly atmosphere.
All our rooms are en-suite or have private facilities and all have wonderful views of the nearby fells. The rooms have been created with your comfort in mind and are furnished to a high standard. We have tried to think of everything you might need, Egyptian cotton sheets, fluffy white towels, luxury toiletries, flat-screen TV, DVD player and hairdryer as well as complimentary hot drinks tray. Bring your laptop for free Wi-Fi internet access.
Breakfast at Dunmail House is an occasion and is sure to set you up for the day. Select from our extensive cold buffet and then follow on with a choice from our range of local and traditional breakfast items. Specialist diets catered for on request and packed lunches are available.
We have excellent car parking and whether you are touring or walking, Dunmail House is an ideal base for those wishing to explore the Lake District. You can start many beautiful walks from our door and be sure of a warm welcome upon your return.
Children welcome from age 10.
East Yorkshire, United Kingdom
15 May 2015
“staying for the fred Whitton challenge”
Was an absolutely fantastic place to stay. Food, service and room were perfect. Even let me keep me bike in the garage.
Really nice people as well
will definitely be staying again in future.
NY 339084 54.46663 -3.02132
From M6 jct 36 take A591 to Grasmere. Dunmail House is situated on the east side of the A591 approximately 200m north of the Swan Hotel. Stagecoach services 555 and 559, in the summer, stop at the Swan Hotel.
- Children welcome
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Packed lunches provided
- Special diets available
- Lounge for residents' use
- Ironing facilities
- Snacks/afternoon tea
- Private parking
- Totally non-smoking
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Central heating
- Electric shaver points
- Telephone (public)
- Television available
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Vegetarian diet available
- WiFi or internet access
- DVD player
- CD player
Children welcome from age 10.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Lift equipped with raised floor numbers or braille numbers or letters
- Clear surfaces such as glass doors have contrast markings
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Steps to the main entrance
- 1Number of steps to entrance
- Bell at main entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Menus available in large print (14pt and over)
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Low potassium
- Low sodium
- Nut free
- Additive free
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities
- Staff have had disability awareness training