Refine your search
Search availability for Netherwood Hotel and book online
Netherwood is a beautiful beautiful Grade II listed Victorian mansion offering the perfect combination of old world charm and all the essential modern facilities and comforts.
Perfectly situated amidst 15 acres of woodland and landscaped gardens, and blessed with breath-taking views across Morecambe Bay, the beauty of our surroundings is matched by the warm and welcoming atmosphere.
Netherwood offers superb cuisine, comfortable bedrooms, cosy lounges, sunny terraces, a heated infoor pool, spa bath, steam room, solarium and fitness centre, all within easy access to the Lake District.
All our 34 ensuite bedrooms are full of character and charm and are equipped to a high standard with modern facilities and amenities, including flat screen digital Freeview TV and Radio, and tea and coffee making facilities.
Most of the bedrooms in the main house have spectacular views across the Morecambe Bay estuary, while the remainder overlook the woodland or the surrounding gardens.
We have lift access to the first floor bedrooms and do have certain rooms that may be suitable for guests with limited mobility. We recommend you speak to us direct to discuss your requirements.
We extend a very warm welcome to dogs and allow them access to all public lounges. We can accommodate them in designated bedrooms for a small supplement.
Children welcome from any age.
SD 414784 54.19807 -2.89926
Leave the M6 at jct 36, then take the A590 signed Barrow-in-Furness. Follow the signs for Holker Hall on the B5277. At Lindale at the mini roundabout take the first left again to Grange-Over-Sands and on approaching Grange-Over-Sands, after 30 mile an hour sign, over the brow of the hill, The Netherwood is on the right, before the train station.
Rail travellers can change from main Euston/Glasgow line at Preston or Lancaster and take a connection direct to Grange.
- Children welcome
- Satellite TV
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Packed lunches provided
- Special diets available
- Lounge for residents' use
- Passenger lift
- Ironing facilities
- Conference facilities
- Christmas special programme
- Snacks/afternoon tea
- Private parking
- Totally non-smoking
- Building of historical interest
- Central heating
- Electric shaver points
- Telephone (public)
- Sauna onsite
- Swimming pool - indoor onsite
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Restaurant open to non-residents
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Public house/Inn
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- Vegetarian diet available
- WiFi or internet access
- Leisure club (onsite or nearby)
- Air conditioning
- Coach parties welcomed
- Single sex groups welcomed
- Evening meals
- High chairs available
- Real log/coal fires
- Gym on site
Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Has a ramp
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Entrance to reception
- Public toilet
- One or more bedrooms
- Swimming pool
- Gym/leisure centre
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Clear surfaces such as glass doors have contrast markings
- Baby changing facilities
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Bath with shower
- WCs with handrails available
- Bedrooms available with en suite bathrooms suitable for guests who use a wheelchair
- Steps to the main entrance
- 14 but There is a LiftNumber of steps to entrance
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Menus available in large print (14pt and over)
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Low potassium
- Low sodium
- Nut free
- Additive free
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities