Refine your search
Search availability for Devonia and book online
Devonia is a charming Victorian property situated in a superb location on Eastbourne's elegant seafront. The resident chef/proprietor and his wife, Terry and Carolyn Jane, have many years' experience in the hospitality industry and will ensure you have a relaxing, enjoyable and comfortable stay at Devonia.
Our guest bedrooms have flat screen televisions with Freeview, tea/coffee making facilities, hairdryers and toiletries. Most have a sea view and our superior room has a private balcony.
There is a private car park at the rear. Free Wi-Fi internet connection is available 24 hours a day. Devonia is a non-smoking building.
Breakfast is cooked to order and served in our light and airy ground floor dining room with delightful sea views.
Check in time is from 12 noon but early/extra late arrivals can be arranged with prior notice. Check out time is 10.30am or later by prior arrangement.
From Devonia you can stroll along the charming promenade to the Pier, past the colourful Carpet Gardens to the Bandstand - towards Holywell and the foot of the famous chalk cliffs of Beachy Head and the picturesque South Downs.
Eastbourne Town Centre, with its wide range of shops, bars and restaurants, is just a few minutes' walk away..
Children welcome from any age.
OA 622960 50.77331 0.29905
From the A27/A22 - follow the signs to Eastbourne seafront. At the Sovereign Centre roundabout turn right onto Royal Parade, Devonia is situated about 3/4 mile along the seafront on the corner of Addingham Road. The A259 coast road from Dover ferry terminal via Hastings is just over an hour's drive, as is Gatwirk Airport by rail or by road.
There are regular rail and road services from London Victoria to Eastbourne railway station and National Express coach stop which are just a few minutes' taxi ride away.
There are frequent bus services to explore Eastbourne and surrounding towns and villages.
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Special diets available
- Ironing facilities
- Private parking
- Totally non-smoking
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Central heating
- Electric shaver points
- Television available
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Vegetarian diet available
- WiFi or internet access
Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Has steps and no ramp
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Entrance to reception
- One or more bedrooms
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Clear surfaces such as glass doors have contrast markings
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Separate shower unit with fixed shower seat or shower chair available
- Steps to the main entrance
- 10Number of steps to entrance
- Handrail by steps
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Menus available in large print (14pt and over)
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Low potassium
- Low sodium
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities