Refine your search
Search availability for Bryn y Ddafad Country Guest House and book online
Stay at our home Bryn-y-Ddafad or at our ground floor annex Y Bwthyn Bach for a truly Welsh experience you will never forget. You, the guest are our priority and we promise we will do all we can to ensure your stay is relaxing, enjoyable and memorable. Holders of the Croesco Cynnes Cymraeg (Warm Welsh Welcome) award. We reserve the right to refuse one night bookings during busy periods.
Discover this magical corner of Wales within easy reach of the vibrant Capital City of Cardiff. The Heritage Coast, the Gower, the Brecon Beacons and the South Wales Valleys are all within easy reach making Bryn-y-Ddafad an ideal touring base for Southern Wales.
Relax in this peaceful rural location with panoramic views just 5 minutes from Junction 34 M4 and taste our scrumptious Welsh breakfasts which include a traditional Welsh breakfast with laverbread and several fish and vegetarian options.
The accommodation is comfortable and flexible to cater for the needs of families, tourists and business travellers. Guest lounge and conservatory leading to the attractive, private garden and patio area.
Safe off road parking and free Wi-Fi.
Storage and clothes drying facilities are available for golfers, walkers and cyclists.
24 hour Laundry service.
Major debit and credit cards accepted.
Please note the accommodation is strictly non-smoking and there are no designated smoking areas within the property or grounds.
Please enquire or visit our website for availability and special offers. Discounts for 2 night stays and further discounts of up to 15% for short breaks of 3 nights or more. You may book on-line on our own website..
Please note these offers are only available if you book directly with us. They are not available if you book via other on-line booking systems, e.g. Laterooms or Roomcheck.
Children welcome from age 12.
Newport, United Kingdom
11 August 2016
We were greeted by the owners who were very friendly and helped us plan trips within the local area as they knew the quick routes. The accommodation was absolutely spotless, when you walked into the bedroom you were hit with the most beautiful fresh linen smell. The bed was so comfortable, fresh tea and coffee put in each day and lovely soft fluffy towels. The shower was fantastic too. Breakfast each morning was plentiful with a variety of fresh fruit, yoghurt and cereals also laid out whilst breakfast was cooking (cooked to perfection!) It is located through the lanes well away from busy roads. Just the sort of accommodation we like to get away from the hustle and bustle.
Reply from Bryn y Ddafad Country Guest House at 12 Aug 2016
We;re so glad you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your glowing feedback, many thanks.
ST 022763 51.47717 -3.40963
Leave M4 at J33 and join A4232. Leave at 1st exit signposted Culverhouse Cross. Leave roundabout at 4th exit signed A48. Approx. 0.5 mile after passing the Aubrey Arms turn right, signed to Welsh St. Donats. Follow the brown signage from the village crossroads.
It is not practical to use public transport. If you wish to use a taxi we recommend Cowbridge & Vale Cars, telephone 01446 774714
Satellite navigation users please note our post code will take you to the wrong property. Use the postcode of Welsh St. Doants village CF71 7SS and follow the brown signage from the crossroads.
- Children welcome
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Packed lunches provided
- Special diets available
- Lounge for residents' use
- Laundry/valet service
- Ironing facilities
- Travel agent bookings
- Private parking
- Totally non-smoking
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Building of historical interest
- Disabled facilities
- Central heating
- Electric shaver points
- Television available
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Cycles for hire
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Vegetarian diet available
- WiFi or internet access
- Leisure club (onsite or nearby)
- DVD player
- CD player
- Euros accepted
- Cots available
Children welcome from age 12.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Entrance to reception
- One or more bedrooms
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bedroom without fitted carpets available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Bath with shower
- Bath with support handrails available
- WCs with handrails available
- Bedrooms available with en suite bathrooms suitable for guests who use a wheelchair
Access to Y Bwthyn Bach The cottage and car park are on the same level, with parking adjacent to the front door. The floor area is on one level throughout. Standard bath with an overheard shower, plus a low-level showerhead with a flexible hose.Wash hand basin; wall mounted with a clear space below. WC has clear width of on both sides, a support rail is fitted on the wall to the right.
- Steps to the main entrance
- 1Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Menus available in large print (14pt and over)
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Additive free
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities
- Staff have had disability awareness training