Search availability for Pomona Bed & Breakfast and book online
Situated near Coniston Water, a charming 17thC oak-beamed cottage, log fires, lots of original features, superb decor, warm, friendly welcome and relaxed atmosphere. Within easy reach of central, southern and western fells. Dating back to the early 1600's, Pomona nestles in the picturesque Crake valley just a short drive from the market town of Ulverston, birth place of Stan Laurel. Surrounded by unspoilt countryside in an area of outstanding beauty with panoramic views across the valley towards Grizedale forest.
The house boasts many original features and is furnished to an exceptional standard with each room having its own theme. There is an additional sumptuous TV lounge for our guests to relax and unwind. Excellent breakfast freshly cooked to order, packed lunch can be provided upon request. We are walker and biker friendly with secure bike storage and drying facilities and have a selection of walking books and maps for guests to use.
Your room will be available from 16.00 and we can accommodate arrivals up to 22.00. There are several country inns within the area, two within walking distance, all serving excellent food.
Children welcome from age 12.
Blackburn, United Kingdom
19 September 2016
“Very satisfied / happy. Very friendly hosts.”
Met with all our expectations. Charming 17th century cottage with character, sensitively updated.
Reply from Pomona Bed & Breakfast at 20 Sep 2016
Thank you for the lovely comments, your hosts Steve & Linda.
SD 298853 54.25852 -3.07911
Leave M6 jct 36 and follow A590 towards Barrow-in-Furness. Take A5092 signposted to Workington/Whitehaven. After approximately 2 miles you will pass the Farmers Arms public house on the right, continue past for approximately 500 yards, you will then approach the junction of the A5084 signposted to Torver. Stay on the A5092 and we are situated 10 yards on the left past this junction.
Public transport, train or bus into Ulverston, followed by the X12 bus to Lowick Green, 10 yards from the bus stop on the left.
- Children welcome
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Packed lunches provided
- Lounge for residents' use
- Christmas special programme
- Private parking
- Totally non-smoking
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Central heating
- Electric shaver points
- Television available
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- WiFi or internet access
- Real log/coal fires
Children welcome from age 12.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Entrance to reception
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bedroom without fitted carpets available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours