Refine your search
Character stone cottage converted from 300 year old stables, many features including original oak beams, stone alcoves, etc. Outstanding views from the lounge, kitchen and bedroom of the beaurtiful Derbyshire countryside. Watch the climbers on the popular Castle Naze rock face. All ideally located within the Peak District National Park together with walking, golf, theatre (Buxton), fishing, cycling, climbing or just as an idyllic and tranquil hideaway. The area is packed with places of interest from many National Trust and historic properties, local towns that hold festivals and carnivals throughout the year. There's always something going on within the locality. Of interest - Pyegreave Farm was purchased by Florence Nightingale's father in 1840.
Children welcome from any age.
SK 050803 53.31977 -1.92639
From Buxton, take the A6 towards Chapel-en-le-Frith. After Dove Holes, just before Chapel-en-le-Frith there is a new bypass. DO NOT take the bypass but fork left to Chapel-en-le-Frith "Town Centre".
Carry on through the town and out into the 40mph limit. On a right hand bend there is a turning left to Combs Village immediately before the Hanging Gate Inn. Take this left turn. Follow the road down to the village of Combs (about 1 mile).
In the village by The Beehive Inn you come to a "T" junction. Turn left. Keep left at any road junctions if you feel you have a choice. Road goes out of the village, becomes narrow and climbs up a hill. About half way up the hill Pyegreave Farm drive is on the right. Follow farm track over two cattle grids, just after second grid the road divides - take the right fork. The cottage is situated in the first building on the right.
Directions from Stockport
Take the A6 towards Buxton
Just after Furness Vale at roundabout take right turn towards Whaley Bridge. Through Whaley Bridge to traffic lights - turn left onto B5470 towards Chapel-en-le-Frith. After about 2 miles there is a reservoir on the right, a golf club on the left and then a pub called the Hanging Gate.
Immediately after the Hanging Gate turn right (signposted Combs village). Follow road down into village of Combs (about 1 mile).
In village by The Beehive Inn you come to a "T" juntion. Turn left. Keep left at any road junctions if you feel you have a choice. Road goes out of village, becomes narrow and climbs up a hill. About half way up the hill Pyegreave Farm drive is on the right. Follow farm track over two cattle grids, just after second grid the road divides - take right fork. The cottage is situated in the first building on the right.
- Children welcome
- Satellite TV
- Ironing facilities
- Private parking
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Central heating
- Microwave cooker
- Linen provided
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- American Express accepted
- WiFi or internet access
- Leisure club (onsite or nearby)
- DVD player
- CD player
- Euros accepted
- Single sex groups welcomed
- Drying facilities
- Washing machine
Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Parking for Single unit properties:
- Parking space provided
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Parking for Multiple unit properties:
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Toilet and bathroom
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Steps to the main entrance:
- 1Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance is well lit
- Seating available in kitchen
- Service dogs not accepted:
pet free for allergy reasons
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)