Refine your search
Peaceful woodland & original watermills, tall weeping willows, all accompanied by the gently rolling River Trent.
Children welcome from any age.
Manchester, United Kingdom
14 June 2012
“Pleasant and relaxining”
The hotel is in a lovely setting. It was very busy with a wedding on the Friday and Saturday and Download Festival as well, however, it did feel as if you didn't have enough staff. The staff you do have are lovely though, very helpful and pleasant and cannot do enough for you.
The hotel was booked up when I was trying to book it and so I asked if I could go on the waiting list. I received a call on the Tuesday before we arrived on the Friday saying you had a Deluxe Room at £509 for 3 nights, bed and breakfast.
After staying at the hotel, I think the £509 for 3 nights was very excessive. The room and the hotel were fine, but feel quite tired.
We only stayed for breakfast on two mornings, we left at 6.30am the final morning. The selection for the continental breakfast was quite poor, certainly not as good as other hotels.
It would have been nice to have some local information, where to go, what to do, shopping, fairs etc. There is limited information in the hotel binder but you have to look for other information yourself, and there are no leaflets about local venues in the hotel.
The lack of broadband in the room was very frustrating, on the Bedroom section of the website it says 'TVs and free broadband internet access are amongst the many creature comforts you will enjoy. There is no broadband in the rooms ad the reception for mobile phones is very poor.
The description of the rooms on the website is quite misleading, the website says 'Luxurious rooms', ours was comfortable but certainly not luxurious, more tired and well worn.
All in all, it was a pleasant stay and the staff and location make up for other shortfalls.
SK 417274 52.84313 -1.38158
Leave M1 at junction 24 and follow signs for Castle Donington, once in the village turn right at the traffic lights into Park Lane, follow this road to the end where you will find the hotel.
- Children welcome
- Satellite TV
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Continental breakfast only
- Special diets available
- Night porter
- Ironing facilities
- Conference facilities
- Travel agent bookings
- Snacks/afternoon tea
- Private parking
- Totally non-smoking
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Disabled facilities
- Central heating
- Laundry facilities
- Electric shaver points
- Television available
- Restaurant open to non-residents
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Vegetarian diet available
- American Express accepted
- Designated smoking area
- WiFi or internet access
- DVD player
- Air conditioning
- Evening meals
- High chairs available
- Cots available
Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Has a ramp
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Entrance to reception
- Public toilet
- One or more bedrooms
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Clear surfaces such as glass doors have contrast markings
- Baby changing facilities
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Bath with shower
- WCs with handrails available
- Bathroom with emergency call system available
- Bedrooms available with emergency call systems such as vibrating pads (if fire alarm is activated)
- Bedrooms available with en suite bathrooms suitable for guests who use a wheelchair
- Bedrooms available with separate, private or shared bathrooms suitable for guests who use a wheelchair
- Bathrooms available that have been specially adapted for wheelchair users
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Menus available in large print (14pt and over)
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Low potassium
- Low sodium
- Nut free
- Additive free
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities
- Staff have had disability awareness training