Refine your search
Search availability for Threshing Barn at Beech House Holidays and book online
Beech House Holidays offers an idyllic retreat just perfect for those seeking indulgence, a little TLC, peace and quiet.
Our beautifully converted 18th Century Threshing Barn is situated in a stunning, secluded location and provides sumptuous, stylish accommodation finished to sublime standards for up to eight people.
Everything here is thoughtful, from the well kit-out boot room, to the baths with no tap ends to fight about and every room is equipped to the highest standards…The vast living space boasts pre-loaded iPod, local art and a log basket replenished daily, the contemporary kitchen has an impressive steam oven and Nespresso coffee machine with a range of coffees to enjoy and the gorgeous bedrooms come with dreamy Hungarian goose down quilts and pillows, natural filled interior sprung mattresses, GHD straighteners, hairdryer and decadent Bath House toiletries, so our guests want for nothing.
Beech House Holidays is more of an experience than just a place to stay and a private chef and a dedicated host to tend to guests' every need can all be arranged for an additional charge. The cherry on the cake is that we are genuinely family friendly too and can provide everything from cots, highchairs and baby monitors to stair-gates, toys, baby carriers and and even buggies.
"Ultra-luxurious" - The Sunday Times
"These are my kind of hosts; utterly devoted to supplying guests with local, sustainable produce of the highest quality from ethical sources" - Jamieoliver.com
"What Mark and Anna Aston have created is a bespoke preference service that takes it way beyond the ordinary." The Express
"A barn conversion set amidst 20 secluded acres of fresh air, fells and fields, just 15 minutes from the Lake District. What's not to love?" Wedding magazine
"Beech House Holidays is the perfect place for families, luxury but relaxed with everything catered for. Anna is the most wonderful host who makes you feel right at home. We didn't want to leave!" Alex Lloyd, Deputy Editor, Prima Baby and Junior Magazine.
No pets accepted Children welcome from any age.
York, United Kingdom
03 January 2017
“It really made Xmas perfect”
Because it exceeded our expectations in every way, the barn had everything the attention to detail was over and above and Anna couldnt be more helpful in accomodating us with our requests.
NY 386451 54.79701 -2.95653
Directions from M6 Northbound (Approximately 12 miles from Junction 41).
Leave the M6 at Junction 41, take first exit off roundabout signposted for Wigton/Silloth. Travel down this road for approximately 4 miles, and then take right turn for Carlisle at Hutton in the Forrest. Drive on this road for approximately 6 miles, drive through a cross roads at Ivegill, past an old filling station (Tuers of Ivegill), and then turn left at a Sandstone property approximately 150 metres past the old filling station. Drive on this road for approximately 2 miles, this road will bring you down into the Hamlet of Stockdalewath. Drive through the Hamlet, you will see a large sandstone house looking down the Hamlet, pull up to our Metal Electronic gates, which open automatically, pull into the yard and the Threshing Barn is in front of you.
Directions from M6 Southbound (Approximately 7 miles from Junction 42).
Leave the M6 at Junction 42, take fourth exit off roundabout signposted for Dalston. Drive down this road for approximately 2miles. Come to T Junction at Black Lion Pub, turn left, drive down this road for approximately 3miles. Past a pub called the Crown Inn, travel 200 metres and turn right signposted Stockdalewath, follow this road through a Forrest, come to a T Junction, turn right, this road brings you down into Stockdalewath, Drive through the Hamlet, you will see a large sandstone house looking down the Hamlet, pull up to our Metal Electronic gates, which open automatically, pull into the yard and the Threshing Barn is in front of you.
- Children welcome
- Packed lunches provided
- Ironing facilities
- Snacks/afternoon tea
- Private parking
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Central heating
- Laundry facilities
- Pony trekking/horse-riding
- Children's outdoor play area
- Cycles for hire
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- WiFi or internet access
- Single sex groups welcomed
- Evening meals
- Children's indoor play area
- High chairs available
- Cots available
- Real log/coal fires
- Washing machine
No pets accepted Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- One or more bedrooms
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bedroom without fitted carpets available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Bath with shower
- Wet room
- Bedrooms available with en suite bathrooms suitable for guests who use a wheelchair
- Entrance well lit
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Menus available in large print (14pt and over)
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Low potassium
- Low sodium
- Nut free
- Additive free
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities