Refine your search
Search availability for Denton House and book online
A friendly atmosphere awaits you at this large 17th century house modernised to provide a Lake District guesthouse with 20th century comforts.
Situated in the unspoilt village of Hesket Newmarket, we are a perfect stop-over en-route to Scotland from the south. We are located on the Rievers cycle route and the Cumbrian Way runs close by.
Whilst staying with us you are free to relax in our spacious guests lounge, or why not take a stroll around our beautiful village, call in at the world famous Old Crown pub just 20 yards away!
If you are planning a special party, family celebration or other event we have a large 60 seater restaurant that may be booked for your private function. Both the restaurant and guest lounge feature open coal fires.
Local places of interest include the village of Caldbeck (famous for John Peel), where you can visit Priest Mill & Craft Centre. Swineside valley is also well worth a visit... ideal for exploring the Northern fells.
Children welcome from any age.
Manchester, United Kingdom
29 September 2016
“brilliant, so very welcoming from booking onwards”
Very welcoming and friendly over the phone at booking stage, even offered to book me in at the local pub for dinner on the Friday as its the only place to eat out in the village.
Lovely breakfast, had the full English plus some black pudding which wasn't on the menu but was offered.
Quiet peaceful village on the fringe of the lake district, excellent location for north lakes.
Reply from Denton House at 29 Sep 2016
Hi Iain, pleased you enjoyed your stay at the weekend, hope to see you again sometime. Best wishes Alan &Susan
NY 341386 54.73802 -3.02503
M6 motorway take Junction 41, signposted Wigton on the B5305. After 6 miles, take a left turn signposted Hesket New market. Denton House is in the centre of the village.
- Children welcome
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Licenced (table or bar)
- Packed lunches provided
- Lounge for residents' use
- Ironing facilities
- Private parking
- Laundry facilities
- Electric shaver points
- Television available
- Restaurant open to non-residents
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- Vegetarian diet available
- Designated smoking area
- DVD player
- Single sex groups welcomed
- Evening meals
- High chairs available
- Cots available
- Real log/coal fires
Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Entrance to reception
- Public toilet
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Bath with shower
- Bedrooms available with emergency call systems such as flashing lights (if fire alarm is activated)
- Steps to the main entrance
- 1Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance well lit
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Menus available in large print (14pt and over)
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Low potassium
- Low sodium
- Nut free
- Additive free
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities
- Staff have had disability awareness training