Refine your search
This is a stone quarryman's cottage in the village of Trefor on the Llyn Peninsula set in a row of terraced cottages.
Quiet location with parking space and garden the cottage has 2 bedrooms (double and twin), log burning stove, central heating, fitted kitchen, bathroom with showerbath, tv, freeview, DVD, Hi-fi, washer/drier. Fri-Fri bookings July/Aug.
Trefor is a traditional quarrying village which has a small harbour and a beach where surfing and diving takes place. Trefor nestles in the shadow of one of the best preserved Iron Age hillforts in the UK. There is a small shop, Cafe and a Post Office in the village. There are lots of walks starting from your cottage doorstep.
Trefor is situated on the north coast of the Llyn Peninsula just off the main A499 road. It is 15 minutes drive from Pwllheli, 20 minutes from Caernarfon and less than half an hour from Abersoch.
It is ideally placed for exploring Snowdonia and the Llyn Peninsula with plenty of walking on its doorstep. Climb up to the old quarry on Y Eifl for panoramic views towards Anglesey. Or follow the coastal path which continues around the Peninsula. The local village of Clynnog Fawr has an impressive church St.Beuno which was used by pilgrims travelling to Bardsey Island.
Children welcome from any age.
SH 371467 52.99326 -4.42808
Take the A55 North Wales coast road until you reach Junction 9, then at the roundabout take the 2nd exit onto the A487 signed to Caernarfon.
Stay on the A487 towards Caernarfon and then pass through Caernarfon and Bontnewydd, and follow signs for Porthmadog and Pwllheli.
Come off the A487 at the roundabout where the A499 splits off, taking the 2nd exit onto the A499 signposted Pwllheli.
Pass the villages of Pontlyfni, Clynnog Fawr and Gyrn Goch.
Then shortly after the turning for Parsil on your right, and Seaview Terrace on your left, look for the sign to Trefor on your right.
Take this turning into the village.
Once in the village, you will see a small village store on your left-hand side.
Take the road sharply to your right here (Eifl Road).
You will see a little sub-post office on the left-hand side a little way down the road.
Just 100 yds after the post-office, look for a row of terraces on your left-hand side facing you.
Immediately behind the row of terraces there is a small back road on your left which runs behind the houses - take this road.
- Children welcome
- Ironing facilities
- Private parking
- Central heating
- Microwave cooker
- Linen provided
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- DVD player
- CD player
- Euros accepted
- Real log/coal fires
- Drying facilities
- Washing machine
Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Parking for Single unit properties:
- Parking space provided
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Parking for Multiple unit properties:
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Steps and no ramp
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Dining room
- Outdoor facilities
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Steps to the main entrance:
- 7Number of steps to entrance
- Handrail by steps
- Entrance is well lit
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedrooms available with non-allergic bedding (ie non-feather pillows)
- Bathrooms available with:
- Bath with shower