Search availability for Old Radnor Barn Bed & Breakfast and book online
Situated on the outskirts of Talgarth (6.5 miles from Brecon) Powys within the Brecon Beacons National Park, Old Radnor Barn offers charming 4 star Bed & Breakfast accommodation with three bedrooms in a 16th century converted stone barn.
Not so long ago stallions travelling to stud on the Great Western Railway rested in the barn overnight, on their journey through Mid Wales. The railway has gone but the small market town of Talgarth still nestles peacefully in the foot-hills of the Black Mountains.
Set within the Brecon Beacons National park, the area is renowned for its scenic beauty and is an ideal base for activity holidays, including opportunities for walking, climbing, pot-holing, pony trekking, mountain-biking and gliding together with a full range of adventure water sports. In addition, the rivers Wye and Usk boast some of the best trout, salmon and course fishing water in Wales. The magical and tranquil Llangorse Lake lies three miles to the west.
For those of you who prefer to take life at a gentler pace, perhaps a visit to Offas Dyke or one of the many castles of Mid Wales and the borders. If you are interested in a more recent history, then why not visit Merthyr Tydfil or Blaenavon and its recently awarded world heritage status.
We are situated mid-way between the historic cathedral town of Brecon with its new theatre and canal-side attractions and Hay-on-Wye, the border town internationally renowned for its second-hand book shops.
We are delighted to offer ground floor accommodation with level access, suitable for elderly or disabled guests. All our rooms which consist of 1 Family, 1 twin/kingsize and 2 doubles, all have en-suite or private bathrooms.
Full breakfast menu available, including options for vegetarians and people with special diets. Our speciality is our traditional Welsh breakfast. When ever possible we use our home grown/home made produce. Our meats, come from Cashells of Crickhowell and is sourced from local farms.
Evening meals, light suppers and packed lunches are available on request.
We hope that you will enjoy your stay with us.
Children welcome from any age.
Derby, United Kingdom
02 September 2016
“Good location but B&B lacks attention to detail.”
The B&B itself is pretty from the outside but inside it lacks the things that make a B&B special. The shower is an extremely small cubicle which has 2 smashed tiles which look like a jigsaw puzzle & pressure is just adequate -not great for room capacity of 6. There is a n ugly disabled seat in the bathroom yet the room is in the attic. No selection of tea and it would have been nice touch to have provided a Welsh biscuit or similar. Mugs were all stained inside. There was a jug of water which was appreciated.
Breakfast was Ok though veg sausage was burnt but again lacked the small touches that you get when the owners take pride in what they offer & it shows.
SO 153336 51.99519 -3.23476
By Road: Just off High Street, a short distance from the Talgarth roundabout, on the A479 Talgarth Brollys relief road. From the north, we are 2.5 miles from the A470 at Lyswen. from the south, we are 10 miles from the junction of the A40/A479 at the Nant y Fin Cider Mill Restaurant, which is 2 miles north of Crickhowell. From the east, we are 3 miles from the junction of the A438/B4350 at Glasbury. From the west, we are 6.5 miles from the junction of the A40/A470 at Brecon.
Using Public Transport:
Train: Abergavenny (19 miles) / Hereford (30 miles).
Bus: Stop 300 metres away.
We offer a collection and drop off service to all transportation hubs including Cardiff Wales airport by prior arrangement.
- Children welcome
- Satellite TV
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Packed lunches provided
- Special diets available
- Lounge for residents' use
- Laundry/valet service
- Ironing facilities
- Travel agent bookings
- Snacks/afternoon tea
- Baby listening service
- Private parking
- Totally non-smoking
- Senior citizens reduced rates
- Building of historical interest
- Disabled facilities
- Central heating
- Laundry facilities
- Electric shaver points
- Telephone (public)
- Television available
- Swimming pool - outdoor onsite
- Pony trekking/horse-riding
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Water sports onsite
- Cycles for hire
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- Vegetarian diet available
- WiFi or internet access
- DVD player
- Coach parties welcomed
- Single sex groups welcomed
- Evening meals
- High chairs available
- Cots available
- Real log/coal fires
Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Entrance to reception
- Public toilet
- One or more bedrooms
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Bath with shower
- Separate shower unit with support handrails available
- Separate shower unit with fixed shower seat or shower chair available
- WCs with handrails available
- Bedrooms available with en suite bathrooms suitable for guests who use a wheelchair
- Bedrooms available with separate, private or shared bathrooms suitable for guests who use a wheelchair
Level access stone/concrete pathways, lit after dusk, no steps.Ground floor accommodation. Parking 15 meters from entrance. Sensor lighting on approach after dusk. Internal g/ floor suitable for wheelchair users. A variety of spot lights, occasional and vanity lighting. Automatic dusk to dawn low level, ambient security/safety lighting in hallway. Telephone available for use in rooms. WIFI internet access in all rooms. Basic visitor information can be made available in large text format.
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Menus available in large print (14pt and over)
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Low potassium
- Low sodium
- Nut free
- Additive free
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities
- Staff have had disability awareness training