Refine your search
Search availability for Birkdale House Bed and Breakfast and book online
Birkdale House is a spacious 5-bedroom House built in 1881. The house is surrounded by large mature gardens which is ideal for those wanting to relax and take in the great fresh air of the Lake District.
The house is privately owned and is part of the Matson Ground Estate and only a 10 min walk into Bowness. The house itself sits on top of a well-manicured garden. Internally, the rooms are very spacious and all of the traditional features still in use.
Huge open log fires are throughout the house as well as the central heating in all rooms. There are 3 double bed bedrooms offering smart TV's, Wi-Fi, tea+ Coffee facilities, bathrobes and fresh towels. There are three bathrooms/shower rooms, not en suite, but situated directly outside of bedrooms.
There is a large boot room for wet walking boots and clothing to dry out. Then relax in front of one of our large open fires snuggled up on our giant sofas.
Birkdale House only accepts those over 18 and sadly no pets.
If you would like to get out and about, there are numerous footpaths that start immediately from the house, which will take you to lots of cafes, pubs and restaurants. That's If you can manage to eat after our super delicious breakfast.
Children welcome from age 16.
Harrogate, United Kingdom
01 September 2016
“Fantastic find, a real home from home.”
A great place to stay,Stephanie, Dan and Molly dog were great hosts. Excellent breakfast (we didn't eat until 8pm!). We will be back. Not often you find some where as nice as this to stay in such lovely surroundings.
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Lounge for residents' use
- Ironing facilities
- Snacks/afternoon tea
- Private parking
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Central heating
- Electric shaver points
- Television available
- Pony trekking/horse-riding
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Working farm
- Single sex groups welcomed
- Real log/coal fires
Children welcome from age 16.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Entrance to reception
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Bath with shower
- Wet room
- Steps to the main entrance
- 1Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Menus available in large print (14pt and over)
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Nut free
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours