Refine your search
Search availability for Callow Hall Hotel and Restaurant and book online
Callow Hall is a unique country house hotel with an unrivalled setting and renowned restaurant, situated at the gateway to the Peak District National Park, close to the lively market town of Ashbourne.
Surrounded by 44 acres of private garden, fields and woodland overlooking the Bentley Brook and vale of the River Dove, this ivy-clad Victorian hotel really is a haven of peace and tranquillity but also a perfect base for exploring the splendours that Derbyshire and the ´Peaks´ have to offer.
As you step into the elegant hall, it's like stepping back in time with elaborate ceilings, heavily draped curtains, oak staircases and other wonderful touches, not forgetting the fresh flowers that add magnificent colour and scents to each and every room.
The hotel has sixteen bedrooms in total, all individually and tastefully furnished to provide every comfort, and some with uninterrupted views across the countryside. All rooms boast flat screen televisions with satellite channels, internet access, luxurious toiletries, comfortable beds and fluffy towels.
Dining at Callow Hall is an experience not to be missed! The Restaurant is featured in the Good Food Guide and for many years, has held a high 2 Rosette award with the AA. The restaurant is renowned for its freshly prepared and home produced food, including home baking, smoking and curing.
In short, Callow Hall is the perfect venue for all your social and business needs.
Children welcome from any age.
26 September 2016
A fairly expensive place to stay especially when breakfast is not included in the price of the room. We found the room to be small and not luxurious as advertised, the restaurant was over-rated, good but nothing special.
The staff were very good and helpful which helped with our slight disappointment.
SK 174468 53.01821 -1.74206
By Car: Approaching from the South, East or west, follow the A515 Buxton road through Ashbourne, passing the market place on the left. Carry on up the steep hill for approx. 300yrds, turn left at the crossroads into North Avenue, The Bowling Green pub on your left, then take the first right, signposted Mappleton. Continue with care down over the humpbacked bridge. The Hall entrance is on the right.
If approaching from the North, follow the A515 Buxton/Ashbourne road, turn right at the top of the hill, in front of the Bowling Green Pub, into North Avenue, and proceed with the above directions.
By Train: Our nearest station is Derby Midland, from there it's approximately 30 minutes by taxi.
SATNAV: Enter Mappleton, Ashbourne, which should direct you through the above directions to the entrance.
- Children welcome
- Satellite TV
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Licenced (table or bar)
- Packed lunches provided
- Special diets available
- Lounge for residents' use
- Conference facilities
- Christmas special programme
- Snacks/afternoon tea
- Private parking
- Totally non-smoking
- Central heating
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Restaurant open to non-residents
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- Vegetarian diet available
- American Express accepted
- WiFi or internet access
- Evening meals
- Real log/coal fires
Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Has steps and no ramp
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Entrance to reception
- Public toilet
- One or more bedrooms
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Bath with shower
- Separate shower unit with support handrails available
- Bathroom with emergency call system available
- Bedrooms available with en suite bathrooms suitable for guests who use a wheelchair
- Bedrooms available with separate, private or shared bathrooms suitable for guests who use a wheelchair
- Steps to the main entrance
- 5Number of steps to entrance
- Handrail by steps
- Ramp to entrance
- Entrance well lit
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Low potassium
- Low sodium
- Nut free
- Additive free
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities
- Staff have had disability awareness training