Refine your search
A very spacious, well located and superbly equipped base for small or large groups of 2-30. The four cottages are around a courtyard but have privacy from each other. There are several areas where groups can gather together for eating or socialising. We can offer a range of options to celebrate special events, including an onsite marquee for hire, a covered BBQ area, local caterers, organised activities such as canoeing, ghyll scrambling, off road biking, climbing, or just up the road, wine tasting. Alternatively our village pub is just a short stroll away.
The Pennines provide many walks from the doorstep including the spectacular glaciated valley of High Cup Nick, or quiet woodland walks in the Eden Valley. The country lanes are perfect for cycling, and bike hire can be arranged locally (bikes delivered with all extras provided). Further afield, the numerous attractions within an hour's drive include aerial zip wires, animal parks, working mines and a Via Ferrata, a new and exciting way to climb a mountain.
All bedrooms are spacious and many have en suite facilities. There are many traditional features including 3 real fires, with all properties being listed, but all modern conveniences too. All properties are fully centrally heated and prices include all electricity, bed linen and towels with no hidden extras. There is off-street parking.
Arrival and departure times are often flexible, as we try to give our guests the longest possible time to enjoy the properties and the area.
Children welcome from any age.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
17 November 2016
“Fantastic, enjoyed by the whole party! ”
Beautiful cottages and surroundings, I do not think the owners could do anymore to make your stay a memorable one. I would happily recommend the venue Fellside Cottages to all.
NY 689251 54.62006 -2.48312
From M6 jct 38, follow signs to Appleby. Cross river, turn left, then 3.5 miles to Dufton on B6542. Find pub on right, follow road downhill to end of row of houses on right, take right turn after last house.
From A66, Scotch Corner, take Appleby turnoff, bypass town and follow B6542, as above.
From M6 jct 40, take A66 to Appleby for 10 miles, turn left to Long Marton, left at T-junction, right into village and then almost immediately turn left into lane before first house on left. Go forward a short way and take first right. This brings you to the back of the properties.
Public transport, trains to Appleby or Penrith.
- Children welcome
- Ironing facilities
- Travel agent bookings
- Private parking
- Building of historical interest
- Central heating
- Laundry facilities
- Microwave cooker
- Linen provided
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Children's outdoor play area
- Cycles for hire
- Foodshop/mobile foodshop
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- American Express accepted
- WiFi or internet access
- DVD player
- CD player
- Coach parties welcomed
- Single sex groups welcomed
- High chairs available
- Cots available
- Real log/coal fires
- Drying facilities
- Washing machine
Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Parking for Multiple unit properties:
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Toilet and bathroom
- One or more bedrooms
- Dining room
- Outdoor facilities
garden, bbq area
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedrooms available with non-allergic bedding (ie non-feather pillows)
- Bedrooms available with no fitted carpets
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Bath with shower
- Entrance is well lit
- Seating available in kitchen