Refine your search
Search availability for Bank End House and book online
Bank End House is an imposing Victorian country residence standing in 2 acres of grounds. We are a 0.5 mile from the historic market town of Appleby. Just off the A66 and less than 30 minutes from the M6, we are ideally placed to explore the delightful local Eden valley.
Set in lovely countryside with ample private car parking adjacent to the house.
Good home cooking and baking as well as produce from our garden will have you visiting us time and again. The breakfast menu is comprehensive providing for all tastes and dietary needs. Food is either produced locally or is from Fairtrade sources. Evening meals and packed lunches are available on request.
All rooms are decorated to a high standard with bedrooms designed to complement their en suite bath/shower rooms. The library, which is the guests' lounge, with its cosy settee, comfy chairs and an open fire, has reading matter for most tastes and will see you happily unwinding after spending the day exploring the local area.
David's expertise in fell walking, geology and maps and Jackie's love of art and food should ensure that you are able to access all that this beautiful valley offers.
We love our home and want you to feel well looked after whilst you are with us.
Children welcome from any age.
Pontefract, United Kingdom
11 August 2016
“1 night stay, base for walking in the area”
Lovely couple who made us feel very welcome in their beautiful home. Really comfy bed, spacious rooms and wonderful views. Handy for transport links. Top notch breakfast. David is Secretary of the local mountain rescue so is well informed on the local walking area.
NY 703191 54.56681 -2.45986
Travelling from Scotch Corner, Bank End House is located on the B6542 which leads off the A66 into Appleby, we are the first house on the left immediately after the junction.
From M6 we are just over 20 minutes from junction 38, follow the B6260 to Appleby, then turn right towards Brough on the B6542. We are 1.5 miles out of Appleby on the right.
Appleby station is on the famous Settle-Carlsile railway line. We can collect guests from the station by arrangement.
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Packed lunches provided
- Special diets available
- Lounge for residents' use
- Ironing facilities
- Private parking
- Totally non-smoking
- Disabled facilities
- Central heating
- Electric shaver points
- Television available
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Vegetarian diet available
- WiFi or internet access
- Euros accepted
- Single sex groups welcomed
- Evening meals
- Real log/coal fires
Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Entrance to reception
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Clear surfaces such as glass doors have contrast markings
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Bath with shower
- Separate shower unit with support handrails available
- Bath with support handrails available
- Steps to the main entrance
- 3Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Menus available in large print (14pt and over)
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Low potassium
- Low sodium
- Nut free
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities
- Staff have had disability awareness training