Refine your search
Set in over 80 acres of grounds with lovely walks straight from the door onto Tarn Hows, one of the Lake District's featured beauty spots.
Children welcome from age 1.
Southampton, United Kingdom
26 October 2016
Excellent location with great views and ideal for those looking to do some walking as it places you within easy reach of some stunning walks. The facilities were great - clean, well presented, modern. The kettle leaked but otherwise great. Fab shower room with plenty of hot water. Very friendly and helpful staff. We would certainly recommend it to others.
Reply from Mulberry, Swallows Nest & Yewtrees at 26 Oct 2016
Thank you for the nice review and thanks for letting me know about the kettle Hope to see you again here at Yewfield
SD 338993 54.38487 -3.02083
Yewfield is situated in 80 acres of private grounds at Hawkshead Hill; 1.5 miles from Hawkshead, 4.5 miles from Ambleside and 9 miles from Windermere train station.
FROM AMBLESIDE: Take the A593 towards Coniston and after 0.6 miles, at Clappersgate, turn left onto the B5286 towards Hawkshead. After approx 1.5 miles turn right towards Coniston, Tarn Hows and The Drunken Duck. Approx 1.7 miles past the Drunken Duck, you will see a sign to Hawkshead Hill - drive up the hill and we are at the top on the right.
FROM HAWKSHEAD: Go through Hawkshead on the B5285 Ambleside road for approx 0.6 miles and take the left turn onto Hawkshead Hill sign posted for Brantwood. Carry on up the hill for approx 1.6 miles and turn right at the Baptist Chapel. Continue along this short country lane and turn right onto the Ambleside road and Yewfield is the second driveway on the left.
- Children welcome
- Satellite TV
- Ironing facilities
- Regular entertainment
- Private parking
- Central heating
- Laundry facilities
- Microwave cooker
- Linen provided
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- WiFi or internet access
- DVD player
- CD player
- High chairs available
- Cots available
- Drying facilities
- Washing machine
Children welcome from age 1.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Parking for Single unit properties:
- Parking space provided
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Parking for Multiple unit properties:
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Steps and no ramp
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Toilet and bathroom
- Dining room
- Outdoor facilities
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Steps to the main entrance:
- 2Number of steps to entrance
- Handrail by steps
- Entrance is well lit
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedrooms available with non-allergic bedding (ie non-feather pillows)
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Separate shower unit with fixed shower seat or shower chair available