Our Lakeland Victoria House has a warm and friendly atmosphere and is ideally situated with easy access to all amenities, the lake is only a 10 minute stroll away with the village centre 2 minutes away where you can find the restaurants, bars, cinema's and shops.
Each of our eight bedrooms are comfortable furnished, with en-suite bathrooms, complimentary early morning tea trays, 19" colour flat screen TVs and all rooms have Pure Lakes toiletries.
Most of our rooms are of the same size, however we do have a Large Ground Floor Bedroom, which offers a small lounge area with the room.
Our breakfast menu provides you with a choice of a hearty Cumbrian breakfast or a lighter option if you prefer. We take pride in finding the best of local produce and have (Ambleside) cured bacon, traditionally Cumberland sausage and local free range eggs, with wholemeal and white bread baked daily on the premises.
May we look forward to welcoming you to the Walmar soon.
A minimum of 2 nights at weekends.
Stone, United Kingdom
21 June 2013
The accommodation was clean and the owners were helpful
The room and bathroom was very small for tariff paid.
No wi fi offered.
A lounge facility would have been appreciated.
Breakfast times limited to half an hour with no flexibility for Sunday.(8.30-9.00am)
Location was good as was off street parking.
NY 376041 54.42930 -2.96258
From Windermere, 5 miles along Windermere to Ambleside road, A591. Turn left at BP garage, drive down Wansfell Road and turn right at the bottom. Keep in right hand hand, turn right onto Kelsick Road, up to top of hill and turn right again. Pull up outside front door. Bus stop 1 minute away round the corner.
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Special diets available
- Ironing facilities
- Private parking
- Totally non-smoking
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Central heating
- Electric shaver points
- Television available
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Vegetarian diet available
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Entrance to reception
- One or more bedrooms
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Bath with shower
- Steps to the main entrance
- 2Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Low potassium
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities