Refine your search
Meadowbank is set at the northern end of Ambleside, yet only 5 minutes walk to the shops, bars and restaurants. Meadowbank is a family-run bed and breakfast with a relaxed, non intrusive atmosphere.
NY 373049 54.43564 -2.96813
From the south, jct 36 of the M6, take the A590/591 to Ambleside, 20 miles, 25 minutes. Continue through Ambleside centre, passing the church spire on your left and continuing up Compston Road, past the shops, keeping to the left-hand lane on this one way road. Continue past the Apple Pie and straight on at the mini roundabout. The main car park is on your left followed by the police and fire station. Carry on for 150 yards, the Greenbank road is on your right and MeadowBank is on the left just past this, before a sharp right-hand bend.
From the north, leave the M6 jct 40, Penrith, follow the A66 West towards Keswick.
At Threlkeld take the B5322 through St Johns in the Vale. This joins the A591 at Thirlspot, Kings Head Inn. Follow the A591 into Ambleside and Meadowbank is the first house on the right entering Ambleside.
By train, our nearest main line station is Oxenholme the Lake District. From here take a connection on the branch line to Windermere. Taxis and Buses leave from the station to Ambleside.
By bus, buses travel through the Lake District on a regular time table. From the south Lancaster & Kendal have large bus stations and from the north Carlisle and Keswick The 555 service is the main bus through Ambleside. During the summer months a regular service runs every 20 minutes from Bowness Bay to Grasmere, stopping in Ambleside.
For more information see stage coach bus service at www.stagecoachbus.com
- Children welcome
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Special diets available
- Lounge for residents' use
- Private parking
- Totally non-smoking
- Central heating
- Electric shaver points
- Television available
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- Vegetarian diet available
- WiFi or internet access
- Single sex groups welcomed
- Real log/coal fires
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Entrance to reception
- One or more bedrooms
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Steps to the main entrance
- 3Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities