Refine your search
Search availability for The Mousehole and book online
The Mousehole is a 17th Century stone cottage with original features including open fire, beams and lots of character. Surrounded by the rural beauty of Cotton Dell, with acres of woods, farmland and public footpaths for walkers. Established cycle paths only a short distance away. Cycle hire near by.
Guest accommodation comprises of three double en-suite bedrooms, newly refurbished. Outside there is a garden with several picnic areas, a safe car park and covered storage for cycles.
The Mousehole is about 2 miles from Alton Towers, approximately 10 miles from The Potteries (A Shopping Paradise). For those who wish to see the wild life there are Bird Sanctuary's and working farms. Ilam and Dovedale, The Roaches (famous for rock climbing) and Buxton the famous spa town are within easy reach. Our location has something for everyone to do.
Within a short distance we have a good local pub and restaurants, serving quality food and beers. We can provide vegetarian and gluten free food, with prior notice, and packed lunches if required.
Children welcome from any age.
Kingston Upon Thames, United Kingdom
27 October 2016
“Very pleasant and comfortable ”
The oweners were welcoming and friendly. The room was comfortable and pleasant to stay in. The full English breakfast pretty much kept us going for the rest of the day... lol! Would definitely recommend it to others and would happily go back.
SK 058474 53.02423 -1.91497
By road M6 Junction 15 - A500 to A50 left at Meir take A520 towards Leek. Cellarhead turn right A52 Ashbourne Road. Turn right for Cotton, The Mousehole 1/4 mile on the left.
From Leek - A523 Ashbourne road turn right after Little Chef (Alton Towers) follow road to A52 turn right 1/2 mile left for Cotton. The Mousehole 1/4 mile on left.
From Ashbourne - A52 to Stoke-on-Trent left onto B5417 to Oakamoor turn right at Star pub into Cotton. The Mousehole is 3/4 mile on right.
- Children welcome
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Ironing facilities
- Totally non-smoking
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Building of historical interest
- Central heating
- Television available
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Vegetarian diet available
- WiFi or internet access
- Euros accepted
- High chairs available
Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Entrance to reception
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Separate shower unit with support handrails available
- Separate shower unit with fixed shower seat or shower chair available
- WCs with handrails available
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Low sodium
- Additive free
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities
- Staff have had disability awareness training