Refine your search
Bank House is the fabulous funky place to stay in the centre of Alton. If you don't believe it check us out on Trip Advisor.
Family owned and run, with a warm friendly welcome guaranteed just one mile from Alton Towers and a short walk fro the local pub restaurants.
We boast 7 uniquely themed rooms which include the sultury Boudoir and iconic Marilyn with four poster beds and whirlpool baths. The ska dancers Two Tone room, the vibrant Punk Rock room, the patriotic Mods room, the nostalgic Sports Heroes room and the light-hearted delights of Bedrock in the Flintstones room all have en-suite shower rooms.
All our guest rooms offer comfort with king size and super king size beds, freesat LCD TVs, DVD players, mains pressure showers, hairdryers, fridges, complimentary beverage tray and bathroom requistes. Price held at 2013 tariff for your delight!
Children welcome from any age.
SK 072421 52.97657 -1.89332
Nearest mainline railway stations: Stoke-On-Trent or Derby. Also local station at Uttoxeter. 32a bus from Stoke-on-Trent to Uttoxeter via Cheadle stops 30 yards down the road from Bank House.
From South East / North East.
Exit M1 Jct 24. Follow A50 to Uttoxeter. As you near Uttoxeter, you will reach a roundabout where Alton Towers is signposted. Take 3rd exit onto B5030 towards Ashbourne. Shortly after the JCB factory, at the roundabout, take 1st exit onto B5032. Follow this road, past Denstone Village, to the end and turn left over the hump back bridge. After about 1½ miles, you will reach the Blacksmith's Arms pub, turn right into Alton Village. Bank House is ¼ mile, on the right, opposite Londis shop.
From South West / North West
Exit M6 Jct 15. Follow A500 towards Stoke. Join A50 towards Uttoxeter. As you near Uttoxeter, you will reach a roundabout where Alton Towers is signposted. Take 1st exit onto B5030 towards Ashbourne. Follow directions as above.
- Children welcome
- Satellite TV
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Minibar in bedrooms
- Licenced (table or bar)
- Special diets available
- Ironing facilities
- Private parking
- Totally non-smoking
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Central heating
- Electric shaver points
- Television available
- Restaurant open to non-residents
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Vegetarian diet available
- WiFi or internet access
- DVD player
- Single sex groups welcomed
- Evening meals
- Cots available
Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bedroom without fitted carpets available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Bath with shower
- Wet room
- Steps to the main entrance
- 1Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance well lit
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Menus available in large print (14pt and over)
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Staff have had disability awareness training